The bad effects of sleep deprivation and the consequences of a night without any sleep.
SLEEP DEPRIVATION – Here are the bad effects and health risks of not having enough sleep and the effects of having no sleep for 24 hours.
A variety of health benefits comes if you regularly get quality rest and good sleep. And such is the opposite if you lack sleep and in the long term, it may cause certain health problems you never expected.
Lack of sleep, in the long run, may seriously put your mental and physical health at a critical risk. Depriving yourself of sleep is not giving yourself the right amount of hours to rest or giving yourself lesser time to sleep.
Adults need seven to nine hours of sleep while young children need more than that, they need longer hours of sleep for their growth.
Poor sleeping habits, lifestyle choices, work obligations, sleep disorders, and other medical conditions may all contribute to this.
Insufficient sleep can affect a person’s thinking, memory, attention span, energy, mood, and decision-making capacity.
Now, if you haven’t had any sleep in 24 hours, these are the things that might happen:
- Cognitively impaired and actually, even at 17th hour of without sleep, “your judgment, memory, and hand-eye coordination skills are all suffering” as per Fatigue Science.
- Apart from tiredness and groginess, you also get to suffer irritability, tension, more emotional, sensitive pain receptors, and impaired hearing.
- Body produces more stress hormones.
- You experience local sleep where there are regions in your brain that have doze off while some remained active.
- Microsleeps also happens if local sleep is not enough and this are the times where you just stare blankly into an empty space completely unaware of what is happening around you according to the post.
- Foods For Migraine – Foods That Trigger, Prevent, and Treat It
- Vegetables With Protein – Veggies That Are Rich In Protein
What can you say about this?