Here are the overweight health problems you might encounter if you don’t maintain a healthy weight.
OVERWEIGHT HEALTH PROBLEMS – Excess weight is already a health problem but among its dangers is increasing the risk of other diseases.
To know how much weight you should maintain is by knowing your Body Mass Index score or BMI. This is one way to know if you are at a normal weight, overweight, or have obesity. BMI is measured through knowing your weight in relation to your height and the result will determine which category you fall.
Check out on how to know:
normal weight: BMI of 18.5 to 24.9
overweight: BMI of 25 to 29.9
obesity: BMI of 30 or higher
Here are some of the other health problems being linked to excess weight and obesity:
- type 2 diabetes
- high blood pressure
- heart disease and strokes
- certain types of cancer such as cancer in breast after menopause, colon and rectum, endometrium (lining of the uterus), gallbladder, and kidney as per NIDDK article
- sleep apnea
- fatty liver disease
- kidney disease
- pregnancy problems, such as high blood sugar during pregnancy, high blood pressure, and increased risk for cesarean delivery (C-section)
Healthy lifestyle and choosing the healthy foods too eat are the keys to lose weight along with being physically active. Take note to always eat the right amount of fruits and vegetable so as you get the right nutrition and fiber you need. Another step is to replace unrefined grains such white bread, pasta, and white rice with whole-grain options like whole wheat bread, brown rice, oatmeal.
Also, consume lean sources of protein, such as lean meats, seafood, beans and peas, soy, nuts, and seeds. One way to also know your state is by measuring your waist. Waist size of more than 35 inches for women and over 40 inches indicates greater risks to develop diseases and condition related to being overweight and obesity.
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss, Here Are Some Facts About This
- House Plants: Good Effects Of Plants Placed Inside Your House
What can you say about this? Let us know!