CALORIE DEFICIT DIET – Here are some tips and guides if you want to do a calorie deficit diet to lose weight.
Weight loss requires tons of consistency, discipline, and dedication. And one of the effective ways to lose weight with the correct guidance is a calorie deficit diet.
Calorie Deficit – What Are The Things You Need To Understand
What is calorie deficit and how to do this?
CALORIE DEFICIT – To lose weight, eating fewer calories than you burn is an effective way and this is how to do this.
In every weight loss program, a calorie deficit is required. This is done when you consume calories fewer compared to the number of calories you burn. Calories are the units of energy you get from foods and beverages that you consume.
Here are the three components of calorie expenditure or the calories you burn or expend in a day:
- Resting energy expenditure (REE) or the calories your body burns while at rest
- Thermic effect of food or the calories your body expends during digestion, absorption, and metabolizing of foods
- Activity energy expenditure or the calories your body burns while doing sports and other physical activities
The amout of suggested calories intake of a person depends on several factors like gender, age, physical activity levels, height, weight, and body composition.
Check out the calorie needs for adults (19 years old and above)
And being on a caloric deficit diet, you have to reduce the number of calories you consume and increasing your activity levels. The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans from the Department of Health and Human Services suggests that adults must do 150 to 300 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise, or 75 to 150 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise in every week.
It is quite difficult to measure how much should you cut back in order to lose weight but the safe way is cutting away 500 calories in your daily intake. This way, you will lose one pound per week according to a post from Women’s Health Mag.
Here are some tips:
- Strength training
- Reduce carbs
- Eat more foods with protein, fiber, and healthy fat
- Don’t eat after dinner
- Keep a food journal
- Air Purifier – How Air Purifier Works and Its Benefits
- Egg Calories – Amount Of Calories Based On How It Is Cooked
What can you say about this? Let us know!