Do you want a healthy chicken salad? Here’s a recipe idea and the health benefits it can actually give you.
HEALTHY CHICKEN SALAD – Here’s a healthy addition to spice up your chicken salad, how to make it healthy, and the benefits that this dish has.
Generally, a chicken salad is healthy without the mountains of mayonnaise in it. However, apart from mayo, it may come together with a binder such as mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or a vinegar-based dressing.
Chicken is its main ingredient. It is rich in lean protein and a decent source of iron. Depending on the ingredients you want to add to it, a bowl may have other essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
Also, what makes a chicken salad healthy does not depend solely on what you put on it but how much. You might as well need to skip the bread to reduce the caloric load.
Here are some tips on how to make a healthy chicken salad:
- Skip the ridiculuos high amount of calorie-packed mayonnaise by replacing it with with a combination of Greek yogurt, light mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
- For crunch, add carrots, red onions, cucumbers, or chopped cabbage.
- For fiber, add ome drained chickpeas.
- For fresh herbs, mix some chopped dill, tarragon, chives, or cilantro in your bowl.
- For sweetness, toss chopped apples, red grapes, dried cranberries, or raisins.
- Steak seasoning, Everything Bagel seasoning, lemon pepper, Cajun seasoning, or curry powder for seasoning.
- You may serve it for sandwiches, wraps, stuffed in cucumbers and tomatoes, and chicken melts.
As for the chicken, you may add the ones either poached, grilled, slow-cooked, baked, from a rotisserie, or canned.
Here’s a simple sample recipe from the Slender Kitchen blog:
- 1.5 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- Sleeping Tips – Effective Tips To Do To Not Stay Up Late and Sleep Better
- Green Tea For Acne: How Green Tea Affects Your Skin
What can you say about this? Let us know!