List of Pear Benefits for the Human Body
PEAR BENEFITS – Here are some of the health advantages that pear fruit can offer to the human body which many people don’t know.
Some fruits are less popular than other fruits. One of these is pear which is a product of the tree belonging to the species of the genus, Pyrus that bears pomaceous fruit.
There are several species of pears across the globe. Its tree is native to temperate regions including Asia, Europe, and North Africa. With regards to its varieties, there are around 3000 of them.
The pear fruit is bell-shaped and it tastes sweet that is why it is also a favorite of many people who happened to try it. It is not as widely known as apple, orange, and watermelon.
Meanwhile, despite that it is lesser in terms of prominence, there are several pear benefits for the human body. Based on an article on Healthline, here is a list of some of what it can offer the body:
- Highly nutritious – The pear fruit contains protein, potassium, copper, folate, niacin, provitamin A, and Vitamins C and K.
- Healthy gut – The insoluble and soluble fibers are healthy for the digestive health and both of them can be found in pear. They help keep a regular bowel movement.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – Also one of the pear benefits is its flavonoid content. It is an antioxidant that has the capacity to reduce the inflammation and reduce the risk of the development of certain diseases.
- Anti-cancer effects – Based on the article, pears contain cinnamic acid and anthocyanin which were both found to help fight the development of cancer in the body.
- Reduces risk of diabetes – The red varieties of pears are more linked to the decrease in the risk of diabetes. The fruit also contains fiber that slows down digestion giving the body more time to break down and absorb carbohydrates.
You may also visit – Passion Fruit Benefits: What You Need to Know About this Rare Fruit