Health expert Doc Willie Ong on foods you must eat and not if you have diabetes.
DOC WILLIE ONG – Here are the foods you must include and exclude in your meal plan according to Doc Willie Ong if you have diabetes.
Meal planning if you have diabetes is important and it serves as your guide. It will show when, what, and how much you eat so as to monitor your blood sugar levels in your target range. The meal should be regular and balanced so as to prevent having high or low blood sugar levels.
You can track your carb intake, the portion size, and serving size of what you eat are some of the advantages of planning your meals. As much as we all know, diabetes is a very complicated condition that is associated to other dangerous diseases like eye problems, kidney damage, infections, heart disease, and among others.
Now, according to Doc Willie Ong, if you want to plan your meal ahead, here are some considerations:
- Stay dehydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoid sweetened drinks.
- Drink your tea without sugar.
- Always choose healthy foods and put enough amount of vegetables, lean protein, and starchy food in your plate as per post.
- Avoid sweet foods and always be smart in choosing what to eat.
The health expert also noted that alongside healthy eating habit, one way to do if you have diabetes is to maintain a healthy weight through regular exercise.
In a previous article, there are certain symptoms a diabetes have which you must not neglect and these symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing sores
- Unusual weight loss or weight gain
- Yeast infection
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive appetite
- Dry mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
- Itching in groin or vagina
- Increased urination
- HEALTH TIPS: This Is What Your Fingernails Say About Your Health
- Monthly Period Tips: What Are The Foods You Must Not Eat?
What can you say about this? Let us know!