These are the different variations of lunges and here are some benefits of doing this.
LUNGES – One of the most famous workouts always included in someone’s routine is doing lunges and here are some benefits of this.
Doing lunges help a lot to strengthen and tone the body. Among the physical benefits that one can obtain from doing this kind of workout include a stronger lower body, increased core strength, and improved buttocks.
In practicing this, one has to keep a straight body and keep your shoulders relaxed. Then, forward one leg and lower body until your knees make a 90-degree angle. The other knee should not touch the floor. Also, always remember to keep your body weight on the heels.
Doing lunges targets muscles like the abdomen, back muscles, gluteal muscles, quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves.
Here are some types of lunges according to type:
- Stationary lunges – this lunge targets the glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings
- Side lunges – targets the inner and outer thighs and may help reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Walking lunges – targets the core, hips, and glutes and also improves one’s stability and body coordination
According to NDTV, the following are some benefits of doing this exercise:
- Stabilizes core by keeping your core and abdominal muscles engaged. This may as well improve your balance and posture.
- Helps improve balance by training your body to be.
- Lets you have stronger legs, buttocks, and other lower body muscles. This may also result in improved metabolism and promote weight loss.
- Makes the hip more flexible.
- Keeps your spinal health better.
One of the most common mistakes of doing a lunge is you are lunging too far and your stance is either too wide or too close. Remember that in doing this, just normally keep your feet together. Being too close can put too much force on your knee while being too far can affect flexibility in the back leg.
- Lucid Dreams – What Is A Lucid Dream and What Does It Means?
- Spinach – What Are The Properties Of Spinach and Its Health Benefits?
What can you say about this? Let us know!