There are the health benefits and properties of spinach that you probably don’t know yet.
SPINACH – Here are some nutritional facts and health benefits of the famous leafy green called spinach.
A famous leafy green that’s packed with essential nutrients that the body needs is called spinach. This leafy green belongs to the chenopodiaceae family. There are different types of this: savoy, semi-savoy, and smooth leaf.
This is related to beets and quinoa and apart from its impressive nutritional content, it is also filled with antioxidants.
According to details USDA FoodData Central, here’s what a cup of raw spinach contains:
- 7 calories
- 0.86 g of protein
- 29.7 mg of calcium
- 0.81 g of iron
- 24 mg of magnesium
- 167 mg of potassium
- 141 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin A
- 58 mcg of folate
Here are the top health benefits of spinach:
- It contains phytonutrients that are anti-inflammatory and anti-cancerous which also promotes healthy eyesight. It also has carotenoids such as beta carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
- It has iron and other minerals that can restore your energy, increase vitality, and improve blood quality.
- It is rich in compounds called nitrates that help improve heart health.
- It is packed with vitamin K and magnesium which makes it really good for bone health.
- There are studies stating that this may protect you against cancer according to an article from BBC Good Food.
- Research suggested that its chlorophyll may have anticancer properties.
- It contains fiber and water which promotes digestive regularity.
This leafy green also has alpha-lipoic acid which, according to studies, helps manage diabetes by lowering glucose levels and increasing insulin sensitivity.
Meanwhile, spinach is also rich in dietary oxalate and excessive consumption of dietary oxalate may actually lead to developing kidney stones.
- Yellow Discharge From Nose? What Does Your Nasal Color Mean?
- Dragon Fruit – The Health Benefits Of Dragon Fruit That You Should Know
What can you say about this? Let us know!