This is how high blood pressure can affect the body.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE – Here are possible and dangerous effects that a person might suffer because of high blood pressure or hypertension.
The measurement of your blood pressure takes account of how much blood passes through your blood vessels and the amount of resistance the blood does while the heart is pumping. It comes with symptoms, however, in some cases, even without symptoms, this condition can still cause damage to your blood vessels and organs.
The key to this is early detection in order to prevent the worst incidents to happen and some complications. The measurement comes in two numbers: Systolic pressure (top number) and Diastolic pressure (bottom number).
Genes, age, obesity, alcohol consumption, sedentary lifestyle, having diabetes, and high sodium consumption are some of the factors that can contribute to the development of hypertension.
See below how this condition can affect the body:
- damages the artery by making it stiff and narrow affecting its main function
- can cause Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) where the blood flow slows down and the total blockage may cause a heart attack
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) or the condition where blood vessels in your arms, legs, head, or stomach are affected
- may lead to heart failure because the arteries are narrowed, thus, the results because it weakens over time
- your heart may suffer enlargement since the muscles becomes thick because it works harder
- it is a major cause of stroke
- it can affect the kidney which may lead to kidney failure based on a post from WebMD
Treatment options may depend on which type of hypertension you have and what has been the identified causes. To prevent hypertension, you may start doing some changes in your lifestyle.
You may start eating a heart-healthy diet, increase your physical activity, maintain a healthy weight, manage your stress, stop smoking, control the amount of your alcohol intake, reduce sodium intake, monitor your blood pressure regularly, and many others.
- Food Safety – Tips On How To Store Particular Foods Properly
- Toxic Foods – Here’s How Toxic Some Common Foods Can Be
What can you say about this? Let us know!