These are the diseases associated with a sedentary lifestyle and its dangerous effects.
SEDENTARY LIFESTYLE – Being physically inactive may lead to certain diseases and health risks and here are some things that you should know.
Most of us now are stuck and planted behind monitors in our seats because this is how our work works. Technology is all good until it made people adapt to a modern type of lifestyle leading to inactivity. Little did we know, in the long run, a sedentary kind of lifestyle will absolutely take a toll on health.
Sedentary behavior, unfortunately, increases the risk of heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, cancer, and the risk of early death. Also, inactive lifestyles tend to increase with age.
Apart from the physical consequences being inactive can bring to the body, it may also affect inactive people mentally. It may have a negative effect on mental health such as an increased risk of depression.
According to WHO, this kind of lifestyle “increases all causes of mortality, double the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and obesity, and increase the risks of colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, lipid disorders, depression, and anxiety.”
It can also lead to poor diet and nutrition. There are some solutions to this like increasing physical activity and reducing the time spent being sedentary.
In between the physical stillness, you may do the following that may somehow lessen your time being inactive:
- standing rather than sitting on public transport
- walking to work
- taking walks after your lunch
- standing up every 30 minutes if your work requires a lot of sitting
- walking or standing up during breaks
- doing house chores like gardening
- use your free time to run or walk or anything that will make you engage in doing physical activities rather than watching television or playing video games
- take the stairs instead of using the elevator
- High Blood Pressure and Its Effects To The Body That You Should Know
- Food Safety – Tips On How To Store Particular Foods Properly
What can you say about this? Let us know!