Some health tips about the shape and color of your stools indicating something about your health.
HEALTH TIPS – The shape and color of your stools say something about your health condition and determine certain illnesses.
This is a bit gross but stools play an important role. This waste, just like urine, also serves as a window in terms of our health condition most especially of your digestive health. Conditions and illnesses is determined through color, shape and texture.
Thus, check out details below and be informed:
Based on color:
- Brown – This is a normal color for stools.
- Green – This results after one always eats green leafy vegetables, indicates diarrhea, or due to rapid transit.
- Black – This could be because of taking iron supplements which is normal or shows that there’s a bleeding in the stomach or the upper part of the small intestine. There’s a possibility that you have ulcer.
- Yellow – If it is yellow and really smelly, this is because of malabsorption disorder or foods you consumed were not digested properly. This occurs to those who have Celiac disease.
- White – This is the sign that you have a problem with your pancreas either pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer. This could also indicate biliary obstruction.
- Red – This is due to bleeding which can indicate hemorrhoids or an early warning sign of color cancer.
Based on shape:
- Separate hard lumps – very constipated and this is painful to pass
- Lumpy and sausage like – slightly constipated and this is also hard to pass
- Sausage shape with cracks – normal, this is a sign of healthy stool and easy to pass on
- Smooth, soft sausage – normal, same with number three, this shape remains intact when being flushed
- Soft blobs with clear-cut edges – lacking fiber, this is a sign of diarrhea and the same goes to 6 and 7
- Mushy consistency with ragged edges – inflammation
- Liquid consistency with no solid pieces – inflammation
Watch the video below:
- FREQUENT URINATION – Possible Causes Of This Symptom
- HEART PALPITATION – Doc Willie Ong On Common Causes Of This Condition
What can you say about this? Let us know!