Foods to eat as headache remedy that you must know!
HEADACHE REMEDY – Here’s a list of food that you must know that can help ease and sooth your pounding head due to headache.
Foods are truly comforting and if you have a pounding head, eating can help to soothe and ease it. However, the junk foods are out if the list because the healthier options are always the best.
Now, here are some you must eat if you have a headache to ease it and reduce the pain:
- Baked Potato is the best if your headache is due to drinking alcohol. Since drinking alcohol can cause loss of electrolytes such as potassium, eating foods rich in potassium can help alcohol-related pain in the head.
- Watermelon is helpful to headaches that is due to dehydration. Other water-rich foods are also great options because they have essential minerals, like magnesium which prevents headache.
- Moderate amount of coffee can help reduce the pain because too much of this can make your situation worse. You can also drink tea for relief.
- Whole grain toast is a healthy carb choice. If you are following a low carb diet, you are likely to suffer headache because it depletes your glycogen stores which gives energy to the brain. Other healthy source of carbs are oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt.
- Avoid eating foods that are high in histamine such as aged cheeses, fermented food, beer, wine, smoked fish and cured meats.
Aside from food, there are other hacks and tricks to help you reduce the throbbing pain in your head like hot and/or cold compresses, doing breathing exercises, sleep and rest, massage, essential oils, and avoiding strong smells.
- Headache Causes: What Could Be The Reasons Behind Headache?
- Health Tips: List Of Foods You Must Not Eat Before Sleeping
What can you say about this? Let us know!