How to clear a clogged nose? Here are some tips!
CLOGGED NOSE – These are the different potential causes of a clogged nose and some tips to remedy this condition.
Nasal congestion or clogged nose is the result of inflamed blood vessels in the sinuses. This can be frustrating as it can affect a person’s day-to-day life. It also comes with a head that feels heavy and you’re finding it difficult to breathe.
The body’s initial reaction to dust, an allergen, or a virus is to create an immune response which can lead to inflammation. And this inflammation may also be accompanied by a mucus buildup.
It lasts from five to 10 days and sometimes, it can even last longer than this period. Factors like cold, flu, allergies and sinus infection are the common causes of nasal congestion.
But this is generally easy to be remedied. There are several ways and such include steaming from a hot shower or hot cup of tea, chicken soup, decongestants, and using a vaporizer or humidifier.
Antihistamines may also help by easing the symptoms of allergy and nasal sprays or saline spray to get rid of the stuffiness. And most importantly, drink a lot of fluids. Water is most effective in draining your nose.
According to a post from Mayo Clinic, these are the causes:
- Acute sinusitis (nasal and sinus infection)
- Chronic sinusitis
- Churg-Strauss syndrome
- Common cold
- Decongestant nasal spray overuse
- Deviated septum
- Dry air
- Enlarged adenoids
- Food, especially spicy dishes
- Foreign body in the nose
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener’s granulomatosis)
- Hormonal changes
- Influenza (flu)
- Medications, such as those used to treat high blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, depression, seizures, and other conditions
- Nasal polyps
- Nonallergic rhinitis (chronic congestion or sneezing not related to allergies)
- Occupational asthma
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Sleep apnea
- Thyroid disorders
- Tobacco smoke
- Pineapple Juice – Benefits Of Drinking Pineapple Juice?
- Fried Egg Calories (How Many Calories In 1 Fried Egg)
What can you say about this? Let us know!