Here are some of the things to know about grapefruit. Check it out below!
GRAPEFRUIT – The grapefruit is a tropical citrus fruit abundant in nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber, and here are some its other benefits.
Looking nothing like a grape is the tropical citrus fruit called grapefruit. It is a natural cross of an orange and a pomelo which tastes either bittersweet or sour. And its nutrients range from a wide array of essential vitamins and minerals.
Essentially, this fruit is low in calories but is packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which are all very essential to keep the body healthy.
In eating this, cut the whole in half and use a spoon to get the juciy fleshy parts.
Here are some other ways to consume this:
- Freeze the chunks and add into your smoothie.
- Adding it to your salad as an alternative as dressing.
- Adding it to your quinoa bowl with avocado.
- As healthy alternative for dessert.
- As breakfast food withyogurt and honey.
According to an article from WebMD, a half medium has the following:
- Calories: 41
- Fat: 0 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
- Sodium: 0 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
Here are some health benefits:
- Improve immune system because of its high vitamin C content.
- Helps promote weight loss because of its high amount of fiber.
- According to a study, it can help control insulin levels and reduce the chances of becoming resistant to insulin.
- It can help regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels which makes it food for the heart.
- This fruit has powerful antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene, lycopene, and flavanones.
- It is mostly made up of water which makes it good for hydration.
- The vitamin C it has is also good for skin to fight against sun damage, aging, and inflammation.
- How To Sleep Fast In 5 Minutes? Here Are Some Effective Tips
- Cauliflower Benefits, How To Make Cauliflower Rice
What can you say about this? Let us know!