EASY TOFU RECIPES – How to cook tofu and what can you make with it? Here are some simple recipes that need simple ingredients.
Tofu is a great addition to an anti-inflammatory diet. It is also a great source of complete protein and other nutrients like fiber, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, and manganese. Here are some recipes to try using tofu like a pro!
Tofu Recipes – What To Make With Tofu?
Here are some tofu recipes to try.
TOFU RECIPES – Is tofu good for you? What can you possibly make with tofu? Here are the benefits and some recipes to try with this food.
The benefits of tofu include being rich in various nutrients such as protein, fiber, manganese, calcium, selenium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, and zinc. It also has isoflavones that lowers the inflammation in the blood vessel resuting in lower risk of heart diseases.
Isoflavones is also the reason behind the brain-boosting capacity of this food.
This nutrient-dense food is made of condensed soy milk that is high in protein and contains all the essential amino acids that the body needs.
Now, what can you make with tofu?
Here are some sample of simple recipes using this:
- CRISPY SOY GARLIC TOFU
- extra firm tofu
- vegetable oil, or avocado oil
- green onions, optional
- sesame seeds, optional
For the sauce, have the following:
- regular soy sauce, not light or dark!
- dark soy sauce
- oyster sauce, or vegetarian stir fry sauce (for vegan version)
- Shaoxing wine, or dry Sherry wine
- rice vinegar or white vinegar
- Dice your tofu and coat using cornstarch. Set aside then fry over medium heat.
- Premix your sauce then pour on a hot pan and simmer to thicken.
- Once the sauce reaches a thick consistency, mix the tofu and gently coat each of them.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds then serve based on post from Christie At Home!
From Well Plated by Erin, here’s another recipe called stir fry tofu.
- 2 (14-ounce) packages extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 small bunch green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh chili paste
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cut tofu into cubes then put in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the 1 tablespoon of soy sauce then saute until it gets a nice color on all sides.
- Add garlic, roughly two-thirds of the green onion, ginger, chili paste, and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir and cook for a minute.
- Put the spinach gradually by handfuls then stir in the sesame seeds. Sprinkle the sesame oil on top then put the green onions.
- You can serve this with brown rice, noodles, or whatever that you like.
What can you say about this? Let us know!