This is how you can upgrade these breakfast foods to become healthier.
BREAKFAST FOODS – Here are some of the most common foods and several ways to upgrade them to make them even healthier.
It was said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It kickstarts your metabolism and the foods you eat in the morning give you the energy you will need for the day. However, when it comes to meals, you can’t just grab anything that you like.
Being mindful is the key to being healthy. Eating smart is essential and when it comes to foods for breakfast, there are several ways and ideas to actually upgrade it.
Check out some common foods below and how to make them healthier:
- Cereals – look for products that are low in sugar and made from whole grains then pair it with plain yogurt or milk and fruits.
- Pancakes and waffles – make sure make them out with whole grains or nuts then spread fresh fruit, plain yogurt, nut butter, or some pure maple syrup on top of it.
- Toast – in your choice of bread, pick the one that is whole wheat and instead of putting margarine, choose sliced avocados, nut butter, hummus, or ricotta instead.
- Fruit juice – the products in the markets are loaded with sugar or high-fructose corn syrup. For breakfast, drop the bottle and pick the whole fruit or if you really like the juice, dilute or seltzer to control the sweetness and amount of sugar being put.
- Yogurt – a bowl with fruits is quite a healthy idea but when it comes to choice of yogurt, grab the unsweetened one over the nonfat sweetened type based on an article from Healthline.
It is important that your breakfast should have fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Your breakfast sets you up for the entire day. Wrong choices may only leave you feeling hungry long before lunchtime.
- Intermittent Fasting For Weight Loss? Here Are The Popular Ways
- Health Tips – Filling Foods That Are Healthy & Low In Calories
What can you say about this? Let us know!