What are the health benefits of balsamic vinegar and the healthy uses of this kind of vinegar?
BENEFITS OF BALSAMIC VINEGAR – There are the health benefits and the healthy uses of balsamic vinegar that you should know.
A slightly sweet and dark type of vinegar with a rich flavor is called Balsamic Vinegar. It has two kinds – the traditional and the modern commercial. Its origin is Italy and the other names you can call it are Aceto Balsamico di Modena or Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena.
Merriam-Webster’s dictionary defined balsam as “an aromatic and usually oily and resinous substance” from plants. This vinegar can be used as glaze and drizzle strawberries, tossed with Brussel sprouts, to top salads, and many others. It can easily enhance the taste of several dishes like soups and stews and ideally, it is best for marinading.
Here are some of its health benefits:
- Helps promote healthy skin as it contains antimicrobial compounds, acetic acid, and antioxidants. It can also be applied to skin to cure acne but not directly as it can cause stain.
- Reduces blood sugar level because of the antiglycemic component it has that makes better impacts when consumed.
- It can aid healthy digestion due to the acetic it has, its active compound.
- This vinegar can lower cholesterol and even manage it because of its antioxidants.
- It has probiotics which means that it may also help a person who is aiming to lose weight.
According to an article from Medical News Today, the other beneficial effects of balsamic vinegar are lowering high blood pressure, treating wounds, relieving congestion, reducing acid reflux, and improving blood circulation.
There are just a few risks to take note of when consuming this. Excessive intake might upset your stomach, can inflame your throat, and having too much might damage your food pipe.
- Appendix Burst – What Happens If A Patient’s Appendix Bursts?
- Foods To Boost Serotonin – Some Foods That Can Boost Serotonin
What can you say about this? Let us know!