These are the high cholesterol risk factors that you should be mindful about.
HIGH CHOLESTEROL RISK FACTORS – These are the risk factors of high cholesterol and the serious complications that come with this.
When you have “too much of a fatty substance called cholesterol in your blood”, you have high cholesterol. It is known that this is mainly because of unhealthy lifestyles and eating habits. Vices such as smoking and drinking alcohol are also among the culprits behind and this may also run in your family.
Here are some signs of this you must not ignore:
- poor vision
- chest pain
However, there’s a possibility that it may not display symptoms and will only be determined after taking a test. There are also certain factors that might put you at a higher risk for this.
These are the risk factors:
- eating lots of food that has saturated and trans fats
- sedentary lifestyle
- a family history of high cholesterol
- having conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease, or hypothyroidism
With lack of treatment, this may cause atherosclerosis, a condition where plaque builds up and over time, narrows down your arteries which can ultimately put you in danger. It may also put you at a higher risk of blood clotting and may lead to other serious health problems like the following:
- heart attack
- angina, or chest pain
- high blood pressure
- peripheral vascular disease
- chronic kidney disease
Meanwhile, here are some things that may lower and manage your high cholesterol:
- Eat a healthy diet that is mostly veggies and fruits
- Increase physical activities not lower than 30 mins daily
- Maintain the right weight
Here are the optimal to high categories of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels according to the National Library of Medicine:
|LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels||Category|
|less than 100 mg/dL||optimal|
|130-159 mg/dL||borderline high|
|190 mg/dL and above||very high|
- Snacks For Pregnant Women That Are Good and Healthy
- Benefits Of Blueberries – Wonderful Health Benefits Of This
What can you say about this? Let us know!