FIRST AID FOR HEAT STROKE – Here are some important things that you should know about heat stroke which has become rampant.
One of the riskiest health conditions that could happen to a person is heat stroke. It can be fatal and there were several lives lost due to it. It is important to know the first aid for heat stroke.
Heat Stroke First Aid – What To Do With Heat Stroke & How To Prevent It
Doc Willie Ong shares heat stroke first aid and ways as to how to prevent this.
HEAT STROKE FIRST AID – Public health expert Doc Willie Ong shares what to do with heat stroke and the ways on how to prevent this to happen.
Dizziness, headache, weakness, lack of sweating, flushed skin, and increase in body temperature are warning signs to watch out for in terms of heat stroke. And situations to put you at high risk to suffer this are: hot weather, excessive exercise, lack of water, underlying medical conditions, and among others.
Heat stroke is also called as sun stroke and a medical emergency which is dangerous if not treated properly and immediately. This is a form of hyperthermia where the temperature of the body rises dramatically.
When emergency comes, it is important that you are aware of the proper first aid to do so as not to cause further complications by following these steps:
- Use a fan to lower the body temperature and keep the person away from the sun. As much as possible move him to a cooler place.
- Remove unnecessary clothing that causes heat and make him lay on his side so that much skin will be exposed in air. If he is laid on his back, put something on his feet for elevation.
- Apply cold compress to also lower the person’s body temperature. Put ice packs in each armpit and on the back of his neck.
- If the person is awake, give him fluid for hydration.
Now, according to Doc Willie Ong, here’s what you need to do to prevent this from happening:
- Avoid going out between 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Wear a loose, cotton, and white clothing.
- Avoid excessive exercise when it’s too hot. Heat weakens the body.
- Check your urine color and make sure to stay hydrated by drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday.
- Wet towel to wipe the body, take a bath, and always avoid getting under direct sunlight.
- Use hat, umbrella,and sun glasses.
- Eats foods like watermelon and coconut water for they have high water content.
- PINEAPPLE BENEFITS – Essential Reasons Why You Must Eat Pineapple
- HEALTHY KIDNEY – What To Do To Avoid Kidney Complications?
What can you say about this? Let us know!