Guide on the Best Vitamins for Rainy Season & the Nutrients to Boost Immunity
BEST VITAMINS FOR RAINY SEASON – The wet season in the Philippines has started and here are the vitamins and nutrients to keep your body healthy.
The Philippines got two (2) major seasons – the dry season and the wet season or the rainy season. Usually, the latter begins in June and ends in October.
Each of the said season may bring along with them risks on the health of the people. For example, the people is more at risk for dehydration during the dry season – most especially the hot dry season from March to May.
With regards to the rainy season, it is this time that colds, fever, and dengue might be rampant or increase in cases. One way to avoid them is to boost the immunity of the body coupled with a clean surroundings.
There are the best vitamins for the rainy season and nutrients that can help boost your immunity. A strong immunity is one way to keep the body healthy and away from diseases.
Based on an article in NDTV, here are the best vitamins for the rainy season and as well as the nutrients that can help keep the body healthy:
- Vitamin C – It is needed in strengthening the immune system of the body in several ways including its ability to fight off infectious agents. It can be obtained from citrus fruit and green vegetables like broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
- Vitamin D – Also called as the sunshine vitamin, it can help “modulate the innate and adaptive immune response” of the body. Aside from sunshine, it can be taken from fatty fish, egg yolks, and dairy products.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – It can boost the heart and brain health. Among its sources are the walnuts, flaxseeds, fatty fish, and chia seeds.
- Protein – Based on the article, the important immune cells of the body such as the lymphocytes, phagocytes, and cytokines are made of protein. It can be obtained from dairy products, soy, legumes, and whole grains.
- Antioxidants – It is important to load the body with antioxidants that helps fight free radicals, bacteria, and viruses. It can best be obtained from fruits and vegetables.
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may express your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.