How to make overnight oats and what are its benefits to health?
OVERNIGHT OATS – One of the easiest, no-cook breakfast options but still healthy is a bowl of overnight oats, and here is a basic sample recipe to follow.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they say. Some adults could not find the time to make one due to their hectic schedules. Some would rather sleep rather than prepare a breakfast and most would rather just grab anything without even minding the nutritional value.
Luckily, we can make breakfasts in advance without compromising the nutrients and taste. This kind of breakfast requires no cooking and is very easy to make.
This kind of meal is called overnight oats. They’re so easy to prepare and the burst of flavors in your mouth will depend on what ingredients you will use. If you love healthy breakfast ideas, here is a sample recipe that you will surely love!
This recipe is from Food Network.
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup liquid such as dairy milk, almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup yogurt, optional
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, optional but highly recommended
- 1/2 banana, mashed, optional
- fruit (fresh or dried), nuts, nut butter, seeds, protein powder, granola, coconut, spices, citrus zest, and vanilla extract
Fruits, nut butter, nuts and seeds, granola, protein, and chocolate are some of the mix-ins and toppings you can add. Be creative!
In a jar, add the milk, oats, yogurt, chia seeds, and banana, and let it chill for five hours. After this, add additional liquid and once you got your desired consistency, drop some fruit, nuts, nut butter, seeds, protein powder, granola, coconut, spices, zest, or vanilla extract on top of it.
According to a post from Eating Bird Food, the ideal ratio is 1 cup of milk + 1/2 cup of yogurt for every 1 cup of oats. This dish can last for five days if stored in airtight jars.
Here’s a low-calorie recipe.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Chia seeds
- sweeteners like vanilla stevia or zero-sugar maple syrup
- cinnamon & vanilla extract
Just add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, stevia, fresh berries, vanilla, and cinnamon to your container altogether and stir. Let it refrigerate. If in a hurry, you can chill it for two to four hours. By the morning, add more milk if you like to loosen the mixture and top it with more fresh berries.
Based on NDTV’s post, among the benefits of this meal include relieving constipation, managing sugar levels, suppressing the appetite, being great for hair health, and keeping hormones in balance.
- Prune Juice For Constipation – Is This Effective?
- High Protein Fruits – What Are The Fruits With Most Protein?
What can you say about this? Let us know!