What are the oats benefits and its nutritional value? Find out here!
OATS BENEFITS – Avena sativa or oats is a type of cereal grain and is eaten as oatmeal or rolled oats. Here are the benefits of this!
Many studies proved that Avena sativa or oats have a range of potential health benefits. This type of cereal grain is commonly eaten as porridge and as an ingredient in breakfast cereals and baked goods such as oatcakes, oat cookies, and oat bread.
This is a popular healthy food.
We have several types of oats available now which include “old-fashioned” (regular) oats, quick oats, and instant oats. The different types vary in how they are cooked and prepared. Instant oatmeal usually has added sugar and accordingly, the better types to consume are steel-cut oats and old-fashioned oats.
A half-cup of old-fashioned ones has:
- Calories: 153
- Protein: 5 grams (g)
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 0g
It also contains the following nutrients:
- lutein + zeaxanthin
According to a post from Harvard, these are the benefits of this:
- It helps lower the risk of heart attack and decreases blood cholesterol levels.
- This is helpful for people with diabetes as it has beta-glucan fiber that helps in preventing sharp rises in blood sugar and insulin levels.
- It has benefits for gut health.
- It may aid in weight loss.
- It is a great source of fiber which is good for digestive health and may prevent digestive problems like diarrhea, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome.
What can you make out of oats? The most common is oatmeal, a favorite breakfast food of many topped with fruits, nuts, and seeds. Next is overnight oats, an easy and no-cook meal without compromising the taste and nutritional value.
It can also be ground for a flour-like consistency creating oat flour and it may also use as a healthy replacement for rice in a risotto dish.
- Types Of Berries and The Nutrients We Can Get From Them
- Overnight Oats – A Sample Recipe and Its Benefits
What can you say about this? Let us know!