LOW CARB DIET – Here’s a list of some of the best and healthiest low carb foods which are allowed if you are a person doing a low carb diet.
A low carb diet is a type of diet effective to lose unwanted or excess weight. This diet is more focused on eating foods lower in carbs but higher in protein. These are the foods allowed in this diet.
Low Carb Foods – What You Can Eat On Low Carb Diet
Here’s a list of some low carb foods if you are into this diet.
LOW CARB FOODS – If you are into the low carb type of diet, here’s a list of some of the best foods you can include in your diet.
A person who is into a low carb diet limits the carbohydrates he or she consumes and focuses his or her foods that have proteins, healthy fats, and vegetables. As much as we all know, protein, fats, and carbohydrates are the things the body needs for proper function, but in this diet, one component is being restricted to lose weight.
Carbs are stored in muscle and liver for them to be used later on but if not used, these are converted to fats.
One significant thing in order to do this is to prepare your meals ahead and have a meal plan. These can make things easier as well as save your time and money and avoid choosing unnecessary choices.
Here are some foods low in carbohydrates based on a post from Healthline:
- Eggs and meats such as beef, lamb, chicken, pork, jerky, turkey, veal, venison, and bison.
- Different kinds of seafood are packed with B12, iodine, and omega-3 fatty acids. The kinds you can eat include salmon, trout, sardines, shellfish, shrimp, haddock, lobster, herring, tuna, cod, catfish, and halibut.
- Almost all types of vegetables are in like broccoli, tomatoes, onions, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, eggplant, cucumber, bell peppers, asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, celery, spinach, zucchini, Swiss chard, and cabbage.
- Fruits like avocados, olives, strawberries, grapefruits, apricots, lemons, kiwis, oranges, mulberries, and raspberries.
- Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, peanuts, chia seeds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, coconuts, pistachios, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Dairies like cheese, heavy cream, full-fat yogurt, and Greek yogurt.
- Low-carb oils and healthy fats such as butter, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, lard, and tallow.
- Beverages are limited to water, coffee, tea, and carbonated water.
However, this type of diet may have side effects:
- high cholesterol
- brain fog
- lack of energy
- bad breath
- reduced athletic performance
The long-term risks include nutritional deficiencies, loss of bone density, and gastrointestinal problems.
- Mania Symptoms (Characteristics Of This Condition)
- Health Benefits Of Onions You Probably Don’t Know Yet
What can you say about this? Let us know!