WHAT CAUSES KIDNEY STONES – Our diet plays a great role in our health and here are some foods to avoid and limit in order to prevent kidney stones.
Kidney stones have four main types: calcium oxalate, uric acid, struvite, and cystine. Diet and lifestyle habits play a great part. And when it comes to diet, here are some foods to limit and avoid to prevent this condition from developing.
Kidney Stones – List Of Some Foods That Causes Kidney Stones
Here are some foods that cause kidney stones and some steps prevent having this condition.
KIDNEY STONES – This is the list of some foods causing kidney stones which you must avoid to eat so as to prevent having this condition.
Our kidney’s most important function is to remove waste products and excess fluid from the body which are all removed through urine. These two bean-shaped organ inside the body is about the size of a fist and located on either side of the spine at the lowest level of the rib cage.
And the most common problem linked to this is kidney stones. These are clumps of mineral that form inside the kidneys and they are caused by specific factors. Now, the food we eat or whatever we consume actually contributes to this.
Thus, here’s a list of foods and drinkss you must avoid eating for these cause such condition:
- limit high-oxalate foods such as spinach, rhubarb, almonds, cashews, baked potatoes with skin, beets, okra, french fries, raspberries, sweet potatoes, and among others
- limit foods containing high sodium content like canned foods, packaged meats, fast foods, and condiments
- avoid taking too much vitamin C for it can produce oxalate
- limit eating animal protein such as beef, pork, eggs, cheese, and fish
- foods that can make urine more alkaline such as fresh fruit juices (except orange, cranberry, and nectarine), vegetable juices, and molasses
- avoid sugary drinks
- avoid alcoholic drinks as it can strike up your uric acid levels in your blood as per Web MD
There are 4 types of kidney stones:
- Calcium Oxalate Stones
- Calcium Phosphate Stones
- Uric Acid Stones
- Cystine Stones
Some tips for prevention:
- Drink plenty of water lower the risk.
- Choose plant-based protein sources such as dried lentils, peas and beans, tofu, and among others.
- Replace use of salt with herbs, spices, seasonings, lemon or lime zest/juice, garlic, ginger or pepper.
- Opt for calcium-rich foods instead of taking supplements
- Puffy Eyes Due To Crying: Home Remedies For Your Swollen Eyes After Crying
- Overweight Health Problems: Health Issues Linked To This Condition
What can you say about this? Let us know!