Tips on How To Prevent Stress & How To Check If You’re Under It by Dr. Willie Ong
STRESS – Dr. Willie Ong shared some tips on how to check if you are stressed and how to actually prevent it.
Nowadays, stress has become rampant and it seems to be very inevitable. However, it should not be tolerated as it can cause a lot of negative effects including health conditions. It can leave a person on a much frustrating situation.
On his official YouTube, a Filipino doctor by the name of Dr. Willie Ong generously shared details about this rampant emotional and physical tension.
Based on the video posted by Dr. Willie Ong, there are ways on how to check if you are stressed and how to prevent this kind of tension. Here is a list on how to determine if you are under it:
1. Check your pulse rate – Your pulse rate can indicate your stress level. Here is a list of the meaning based on the pulse rate brackets:
- 60-90 beats/minute = normal
- 70-90 beats/minute = when there is no illness
- 80-90 beats/minute = when an ordinary person gets slightly stressed
- 95-100 beats/minute = a person is super stressed
2. Fast breathing – According to Dr. Ong, a person who is stressed breathes rapidly. The normal breathing of a person is at 12 breaths per minute.
3. Body pains – A person who is stressed experiences body pains such as pain in the legs, in the shoulder, hand, and neck. He or she may also display a closed chin when angry and a close fist.
How to prevent stress?
According to Dr. Willie Ong, here are the three(3) ways on how to prevent yourself from getting stressed:
- breath deeply and slowly
- drink warm water every five(5) minutes if your are experiencing a sore throat
- relax your mind by gazing at the beautiful surroundings, thinking about beautiful places or things, talk about what you are feeling, etc.
Here is a video of Dr. Willie Ong posted on YouTube:
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may expressed your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below.