What are the best protein shakes for weight loss? What are its other benefits?
PROTEIN SHAKES FOR WEIGHT LOSS – This is how protein shakes can help you lose excess weight and how to make the right protein shake.
Can protein shake help you lose weight?
Protein shakes are a type of food that is high in protein but low in calories. This type of food is often consumed by people who want to lose weight or build muscle. It can be made of whey, casein, soy, and egg whites.
And if you have a specific goal like trying to lose weight, the best one to choose is the one that is low in calories and high in protein.
Here are the popular types of protein powder for protein shakes and a description for each type:
- Whey protein – is quickly absorbed, dairy-based, and contains all nine essential amino acids
- Casein protein – is slowly absorbed, dairy-based, and provides all essential amino acids
- Soy protein – is plant-based and offers all essential amino acids, plus soy isoflavones
- Hemp protein – plant-based, contains all essential amino acids, rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and has a high arginine content
- Rice protein – plant-based but lower in the essential amino acid lysine
- Pea protein – is a plant-based and less allergenic alternative to soy and whey protein but is low in essential amino acids cysteine and methionine
Meanwhile, according to a post from Healthline, apart from protein powders, there are several foods that are also great sources of protein. These foods include Greek or plant-based yogurt, nuts, seeds, spirulina, tofu, puffed quinoa, and oats.
Meanwhile, the “best time” to consume this does not necessarily matter according to studies. However, it is suggested to have this within 30 minutes after exercising. This is for your body’s recovery after a workout.
It can also be consumed between meals to help you suppress hunger and feel full for a longer time.
What can you say about this? Let us know!