These are the spirulina benefits and the other things you probably don’t know about this yet.
SPIRULINA BENEFITS – Here are some of the things you probably don’t know yet about spirulina and the health benefits it can give you.
Mount Sinai Org said that spirulina is a “type of blue-green algae that is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and antioxidants”. It also has B complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and gamma-linolenic acid.
The other terms you can call this include Arthrospira plantensis; Blue-green algae; Spirulina fusiformis; Spirulina maxima; and Spirulina platensis.
And among the many reasons why one should buy spirulina from a trusted brand is in order to ensure that it is safe. Because just like the other algae, it can have microcystins, a toxic substance.
Spirulina is something that people can take as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional content and potential health benefits.
According to a post from Healthline, 7 grams of dried spirulina powder has the following:
- Protein: 4 grams
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): 11% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 15% of the RDA
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): 4% of the RDA
- Copper: 21% of the RDA
- Iron: 11% of the RDA
- decent amounts of magnesium, potassium, and manganese
- Calories: 20
- Digestible carbs: 1.7 grams
Here are some of its health benefits:
- It has antioxidants ad anti-inflammatory properties that may prevent certain types of cancers and other diseases.
- It can help improve bad LDL and triglycerides levels leading to reducing the risk of heart disease.
- It can lower blood pressure with just a dose of 4.5 grams per day. Managing blood pressure may also lower your chance of having serious diseases like heart attacks, strokes, and chronic kidney disease which are all associated with hypertension.
- According to the post, it may help increase the hemoglobin content of red blood cells which makes it effective against anemia.
- Eye Bags Remedy and Some Tips On How To Lessen Its Appearance
- Oat Milk vs Almond Milk – Which Is Better and More Nutritious?
What can you say about this? Let us know!