These are the possible causes of peeling skin that you probably don’t know yet.
CAUSES OF PEELING SKIN – Here are some of the causes why your skin peels and how to resolve situations like these.
Skin matters. This is particularly the largest organ of the body and it keeps the temperature even. It protects the body and these major functions it holds must be enough reason for you to take care of it and keep it as healthy as you can.
However, what should you do if you encounter an incident where it gets peeled off?
Cuts, bumps, and scrapes are the common injuries of the skin. What you can do to avoid such is wearing the right protective equipment, like gloves, long sleeves, knee and elbow pads, or helmets.
Now, here are some of the causes why your skin is peeling and what you must do about it:
- Sunburn – This usually happens when you had too much sun exposure while staying at a beach. The peeling happens because your skin is repairing its topmost layer. In mild cases, you can put cool compresses, gentle and soothing skin protectants like aloe vera to it.
- Dry skin – This is common most especially if you’re living in low-humidity environments. What you can do to treat your dry skin is to use moisturizer to basically replenish the moisture that was lost.
- Eczema – This usually causes itchiness, extreme dryness, redness, and inflammation. Moisturizing will help prevent it.
- Contact dermatitis – It comes in two types – Allergic contact dermatitis and Irritant contact dermatitis. This can’t be just treated like how eczema is treated. It needs better treatment and one must identify and avoid the specific triggers.
- Psoriasis – The causes appear red, dry, itchy patches of thickened skin which is called plaques. The best way is consulting your dermatologist because the treatment depends on the type and how severe the symptoms are.
Based on an article from Self.com, other conditions that cause the skin to peel include Seborrheic dermatitis, Athlete’s foot, or a serious underlying condition. The peeling may also be accompanied with:
- Gallbladder Function – What You Need To Know About Its Purpose
- Causes Of Heartburn – What Are The Foods That Causes Heartburn?
What can you say about this? Let us know!