Benefits of Malunggay Juice & How To Prepare It
MALUNGGAY JUICE – Here is a guide on the benefits of this herbal juice and the steps on how to prepare it.
The COVID-19 pandemic has undeniably reminded everyone to take extra efforts to stay healthy. It called for people to not only be satisfied that they feel good but to really boost their immunity from diseases and health conditions.
Many individuals now consider foods and drinks that were rarely made as part of the options before. Just like for example the malunggay juice.
Also known as moringa, a lot of people are aware that malunggay has a lot of benefits for the body.
Malunggay is rich in Vitamin A which is known to promote healthy eyesight and skin. It is also a good source of Vitamins B, C, D, and E and can help boost the immune system, help in better calcium absorption, and improve motor skills.
Malunggay is also an excellent source of protein. It can provide the daily protein needs of the body. It also boosts blood circulation in the body with the high amount of iron from the leaves.
How to make malunggay juice? Based on an article on Mama’s Guide Recipes, here are the ingredients that you need to prepare:
- 12 medium-size stems of malunggay
- 8-10 calamansi
- 1 liter water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
What to do:
- Wash and clean the malunggay leaves with clean running water to remove the dirt. Shake the leaves to remove the excess water.
- Remove the leaves from the stem and place them in a medium pot. Add enough water around one (1) liter.
- Boil the malunggay leaves for 4-6 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Use a large strainer to remove the leaves.
- Transfer the juice to a pitcher and add calamansi juice.
- Serve it chilled with ice cubes upon serving.
You may also visit – Egg Yolk Benefits? Here are the benefits of the yellow part in egg…