HIGH CARB FOODS – Carbohydrates have a bad reputation but some are not and here are some foods high in carbs but healthy.
Carbs or carbohydrates are often associated with weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and other health conditions. But they are not all bad. Carbs should have a rightful place in the diet and the body needs them to function. Here are some healthy foods with carbs.
Healthy Foods – High-Carb Foods That Are Extremely Healthy
Here are some foods high in cabs but are healthy to eat.
HEALTHY FOODS – What fuels us to move around is food and here are some high-carb foods that are actually very healthy to eat.
Carbs seemingly have a bad reputation especially to those people who are trying to lose some weight. Simple carbs are found in foods like desserts, sugary beverages, condiments, sweetened dairy products, and white, refined grains like rice, pasta, and bread. And these are the types of carbs you must avoid!
However, there are actually healthy carbs you can find in a variety of foods which include vegetables, fruit, pulses, legumes, unsweetened dairy products, and 100% whole grains, like brown rice, quinoa, wheat, and oats.
Here are some foods high in carbs but are incredibly healthy:
- Sweet potatoes (they are filled with potassium and vitamins A and C and the best way to cook this is through baking)
- Corn (it provides a healthy amount of protein and vitamin C)
- Grains like Quinoa, Brown rice, and Oats (they are great sources of fiber and protein)
- Fruits like Bananas (rich in potassium and vitamins A and C), Apples (rich in vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber), and Mangoes (rich in vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber)
- Drief fruits like Dates (rich in fiber, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamin A), Raisins (rich in potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and antioxidants), Goji berries (rich in antioxidants)
- Beans and lentils like Kidney beans and Garbanzo beans as they are high in protein and fiber apart from having healthy carbs
When it comes to carbs, it is best to consume them coming from whole foods, not from processed and refined carbohydrates as per a blog from Medical News Today.
- Calamansi For Face – Is Calamansi Safe To Use For The Face?
- Benefits Of Strength Training – Here Are The Benefits You Should Know
What can you say about this? Let us know!