These are the health benefits of chicken and the reasons why this is a great food.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHICKEN – This meat is a popular part of our diet and these are the reasons why this food is a great addition to a balanced meal.
Many of us love chicken as we can just cook it in many ways. In short, it is a very versatile food. You can fry it, boil it, grill it, roast it, and add it to a stew. But one of the many reasons why we love this is because of the health benefits we can get from this such as protein.
What are the other things that are so good about this? Is it okay to be eaten and consumed daily?
Chicken is widely available, easy to prepare, contains protein, and is found in many dishes. There are a lot of protein-rich food but the protein in chicken is the type that is of high quality. The following are contained in an 85-gram chicken breast:
- Calories: 122
- Protein: 24 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbs: 0 grams
- Niacin: 51% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Selenium: 36% of the DV
- Phosphorus: 17% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 16% of the DV
- Vitamin B12: 10% of the DV
- Riboflavin: 9% of the DV
- Zinc: 7% of the DV
- Thiamine: 6% of the DV
- Potassium: 5% of the DV
- Copper: 4% of the DV
Here are some of its health benefits:
- Provides vitamins and minerals for brain function.
- Helps in building muscle.
- Promotes heart health.
- Strengthens bones.
- Aids in losing weight.
- It has choline which is an essential nutrient for pregnant and lactating women.
- A great food for babies as it has iron, zinc, protein, choline, and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Dark meat chicken has more vitamins compared to white meat chicken.
- Eating more poultry, like chicken can reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Chicken is best when grilled, baked, and stir-fried. These are the cooking methods that are healthier compared to others. Frying, store-bought rotisserie, and processed chicken meats are the unhealthy ones.
What can you say about this? Let us know!