Here are some effective weight loss ways for people over age 40.
WEIGHT LOSS – If you are over 40 and finds it hard to shed off some weight, here are some effective tips that could be of great help.
Adults often struggle to lose weight because as a person ages, losing weight seems to get more difficult. According to research at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, this is because “lipid turnover in the fat tissue decreases during aging and makes it easier to gain weight, even if we don’t eat more or exercise less than before.”
To lose weight is not as easy as gaining it. Also, there’s a lingering fear about being overweight or obese associated with a range of health problems such as hypertension, heart attack, and diabetes. As we get older, we tend to have lesser time be conscious about our eating habits and being active, thus, resulting to unwanted fats and excess weight.
Here are some tips that could be of help to you:
- Fill half of your plate with fruits and veggies to help you feel satisfied and eat less.
- Eat a healthy morning breakfast. It is not advisable to skip this meal.
- Although “what” you eat matters that “when” you eat, it is helpful to eat less at night.
- Choose healthy foods. Opt for foods that are grilled, baked, or broiled than fried or cooked in a lot of butter and oils.
- Cut back calories and keep track of your intake.
- Pay attention to your food when you’re eating. Don’t face TV or computer screen when you’re eating so you can fully attend to your food giving your brain that signal that you’ve had enough.
- Kick out sugar-sweetened coffee, tea, soft drinks, or energy drinks. Choose water or another zero-calorie beverage.
- In between works and a busy schedule, make it a habit and discipline yourself to make time for exercise.
- Don’t stress yourself too much. Sometimes, too much stress can lead to stress eating resulting in weight gain as per an article from WebMD.
- Kidney Problem: Signs That Your Back Pain Could Be A Kidney Stone
- Iron-Rich Foods To Help Keep Blood and Immunity Healthy
What can you say about this? Let us know!