These are the different respiratory system parts and how to take care of your respiratory system.
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM PARTS – Here are the different parts of a respiratory system and some tips on how to keep this system healthy.
Without the respiratory system, respiration will never take place. Respiration is the process of breathing – inhaling and exhaling. Inhaling is when we breathe in oxygen and exhaling is when we breathe out carbon dioxide.
In this system, breathing happens which involves several organs and tissues. These are the parts involved in the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide:
- Throat (pharynx)
- Voice box (larynx)
- Windpipe (trachea)
- Large airways (bronchi)
- Small airways (bronchioles)
It is divided into two tracts – the upper respiratory tract and the lower respiratory tract.
The upper respiratory tract has the nose, nasal cavity, sinuses, larynx, and trachea. Meanwhile, the lower respiratory tract is where the lungs, bronchi, bronchioles, and air sacs or alveoli can be found.
SEE: Respiratory System Functions: How We Breathe
To keep this healthy, here are some tips:
- Avoid any pollutants entering the body like smoke from firsthand and secondhand smoking, chemicals, and radon.
- Cover your mouth and nose by wearing a mask to prevent fumes, dust, or other types of pollutants to enter the body.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Regularly exercise to improve lungs’ health.
- Wash your hands often according to a post from Cleveland Clinic.
Keeping the respiratory healthy will prevent certain diseases like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pneumonia, tuberculosis, lung cancer, cystic fibrosis, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and sarcoidosis.
Other acute respiratory disorders are common cold, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, stridor, laryngomalacia, tonsillitis, flu, epiglottitis, pertussis, croup, bronchitis, bronchiolitis, and SARS.
- How To Lose Weight In 7 Days? Is This Possible?
- Calories Per Day For Women – How Many Calories Daily?
What can you say about this? Let us know!