Guide on the Benefits of Cabbage for the Human Body
BENEFITS OF CABBAGE – Here is a list of some of the surprising offers of cabbage, a vegetable, to the human body.
Vegetables are among the healthiest foods for the human body and they offer a wide variety of choices. Truth be told that not all vegetables are appealing to the taste of some people but, in case you do not like one, there are really other options with an excellent pack of nutrients to keep the body healthy.
Some vegetables are rare while others are easy to find. Most people would surely prefer the ones under the latter – just like cabbage. It is one of the common ingredients in cooking several dishes.
Cabbage comes in different varieties and colors. Its colors include white and green which are the common cabbage sold in wet markets and grocery stores, red, and purple.
There are several benefits of cabbage. This vegetable is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. Do you want to know more about what it can actually offer?
Health Benefits of Cabbage
- Powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients – This vegetable contains protein, fiber, folate, manganese, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and Vitamins B6, C, and K.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. Based on an article on Healthline, cruciferous vegetables including cabbage contain antioxidants that can help reduce chronic inflammation which can lead to diseases.
- Rich in Vitamin C – This benefit extends to several other benefits including the strengthening of the body’s immunity, promoting healthy skin, and boosting the functioning of the bones, muscles, nd blood vessels.
- Boosts digestion – Cabbage is rich in fiber which is essential for healthy digestion. Specifically, it is a good source of insoluble fiber.
- Promotes healthy heart – This vegetable contains different kinds of potent anthocyanins which are good in keeping the heart healthy.
- Lowers blood pressure level – Based on the article, cabbage has the ability to lower the blood pressure level of a person with its potassium content.
- Helps lower cholesterol level – Cabbage contains substances that can help lower the LDL or the “bad cholesterol” level.
You may also visit – Foods For Healthy Arteries, Healthy Foods To Prevent Clogged Arteries