What are the fad diet risks that you must know?
FAD DIET RISKS – This kind of diet is filling your social media feeds but these are the reasons why you should not fall for this.
Regarded as the famous weight-loss plan that can give drastic results is a fad diet. It comes in several kinds and this approach with promises for a quick fix to losing weight may be effective but there are dangers that lie behind this method.
Some types of this are:
- High-protein, high-fat, low-carbohydrate diets
- High-carbohydrate, high-fiber diets
- Liquid diets
- Diet pills
But really, this kind of dieting must not be a pressure in your life. There is a healthy and proper approach that you must take if you want to lose weight. It’s not difficult to change your lifestyle to help you maintain a healthy weight. A healthy eating plan and an active lifestyle are the tricks to follow to lead a happy and healthy life.
A fad diet is restrictive and because they often cut out key foods, one may suffer from dehydration, weakness, fatigue, nausea, headaches, and constipation.
These are the dangers:
- Extreme limitations in carbs or fats or both that your body will eventually release a specific type of hormones that will make you want these until you can no longer resist the craving.
- You will be missing out on essential nutrients. This may make you lose weight but you will end up with other complications.
- There is restriction but it is expensive. Some diets follow premium and organic ingredients or certain supplements which may result in a steep in your expenses.
- They’re not sustainable and you may end up gaining back all the weight you lost.
- It may negatively impact your metabolism which can lead to adverse effects. Instead of losing weight, you will gain more.
If you want to lose weight, find out some of the popular types of diets for weight loss.
What can you say about this? Let us know in the comments section!