Here are the causes of dementia and factors that likely increases its chance to develop.
CAUSES OF DEMENTIA – These are the factor that may possibly increase the chance of a person developing dementia, a brain disorder.
A term used to describe the cognitive decline and abnormal brain changes is called dementia. This term generally covers a wide range and the symptoms of this may greatly affect a person’s behavior, feelings, relationships daily life, and independency function. It affects memory, communication, and thinking.
SEE: BRAIN HEALTH – Tips To Adhere To Prevent Dementia & Forgetfulness
Some of its symptoms may include repeated questions, difficulty to understand words, confusion in an unfamiliar environment, problems dealing with money and numbers, changes in personality and behavior, sleep disturbance, and many others.
Here are the things that may likely increase your chance of developing dementia:
- Age plays a part but genes from parents, diet, exercise, your social life, and other illnesses may also take part.
- Heart disease and the causes of this condition such as tobacco use, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol may all lead up to dementia.
- Several severe hits in the head raise the chances of dementia.
- Obesity is associated with heart disease and diabetes, of which both are linked to dementia.
- Stroke because it can block blood flow to the brain. Think “FAST” to identify stroke symptoms: Face drooping, Arm weakness, Speech problems? Time to call 911.
- Poor sleep or lack of sleep that happens most often may cause dementia.
- Smoking is bad for the blood vessels and this may likely result in a stroke.
As stated above, diet plays a part and in terms like this, remember that a diet that is good for the heart is also good for the brain. Healthy foods you may on your meal are whole grains, fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil and other healthy fats like avocado and consume just a minimum amount of read meat as per an article from WebMD.
- Signs Of Intelligence: Indications That Tell You’re Intelligent
- Low Emotional Intelligence Signs That You Must Be Aware
What can you say about this? Let us know!