What are the bad effects of prolonged sitting?
PROLONGED SITTING – Doctor Willie Ong reveals diseases and bad effects we can probably get just by sitting for a long duration of time.
The dangers of sitting too much is now just as much the same as smoking. Not only it is bad for the physical health but it is as well bad mentally due to lack of physical activity. Being physically active improves energy levels and endurance and maintain strength of bones.
Doc Willie Ong says don’t sit for too long due to these reasons:
- Diabetes. Sitting for too long, such as more than two hours, can cause diabetes, obesity, and numbness of feet.
- Pulmonary Embolism. A serious complication where a blood clot affects the lungs but if clot is large and stops blood flow to the lung, it can be deadly.
- Sitting also raises your risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
Here’s what you can do:
- Do some stretching in every 30 minutes for two minutes. If you have been sitting for an hour, walk for at least five minutes.
- Stretch your arms while sitting and move your legs for the blood circulation.
- Don’t exercise at night if you have been at rest the whole day. Instead, do a little of it at morning and then at night time.
- Put your wallet at your front pocket and don’t put too much inside it. Ever heard of “Fat Wallet Syndrome”? This is when a nerve in your behind is being pressed.
- If you have been facing the computer’s monitor, have a break every 30 minutes to give your eyes and head a rest. Close your eyes for three minutes.
- Move around and exercise.
Watch the video below:
- TOOTHACHE – Effective Tips and Treatment For Toothache
- LOW BLOOD PRESSURE (Hypotension) – Tips For People w/ This Condition
What can you say about this? Let us know!