Here are some tips on how to naturally repel stubborn and dangerous mosquitoes. Check out below!
MOSQUITO REPELLENT – There are many ways to avoid mosquitoes and here are some tips on how to do it naturally.
Mosquitos don’t just annoy you for their whining in your ear and itchy bites but also, they come to spread diseases. They are attracted to carbon dioxide, warmth, and humidity that a human is giving off.
And repelling them now comes in many forms like zappers, catchers, candles, sprays, lotions, and among others.
But fortunately, there are ways to naturally repel them!
Here are some natural ways:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved that using lemon eucalyptus oil to repel mosquitoes is effective and say.
- A study from 2002 using animals showed that lavender flowers that were crushed provide protection against this insect. Lavender has analgesic, antifungal, and antiseptic qualities.
- Cinnamon oil kills mosquito eggs and acts as a repellent against adult ones. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of oil for every 4 ounces of water.
- Research showed that burning thyme leaves provides 85 percent protection for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Citronella is common and popular but highly effective essential oil against mosquitoes.
- There are also plants that work effectively to repel mosquitoes like Citronella Geranium, Lemon Balm, Peppermint, Catnip, Marigolds, Basil, Sage, Mint, Citrosum, and many others.
“Dengue is a viral infection that spreads from mosquitoes to people. It is more common in tropical and subtropical climates,” according to WHO. The common symptoms of this infection are high fever, headache, body aches, nausea, and rash. This infection is transmitted from mosquitoes to humans through a bite coming from an infected female mosquito.
In severe cases, the following are the symptoms:
- severe abdominal pain
- persistent vomiting
- rapid breathing
- bleeding gums or nose
- blood in vomit or stool
- being very thirsty
- pale and cold skin
- feeling weak.
What can you say about this? Let us know!