Doc Willie Ong explains how a tooth decay is related to certain heart diseases.
TOOTH DECAY – Public health expert Doc Willie Ong explains how a tooth decay condition can actually cause a couple of heart disease.
Oral health is important and that must be already a basic knowledge for everyone. Although it is not really one of the proven ways to prevent heart disease, these two conditions somehow have a connection. While it is also true that tooth decay can cause heart disease.
According to Doc Willie Ong, there are two heart conditions which can likely be developed if you have poor oral health:
- Infective Endocarditis – This happens when the bacteria enters the heart valve which is very dangerous.
- Coronary Artery Disease – This has a connection to having a swelling gums. If a person has swelled gums, it is possible for him to suffer from heart attack and stroke.
Aside from that, maintaining a clean mouth and teeth can prevent halitosis or bad breath. And here are some ways on how to do it:
- Brush your teeth thrice a day for two minutes. Avoid being in rush when brushing.
- Use tongue cleaner to ward off bacteria from your tongue.
- Floss your teeth everyday to take away those dirt which are between your teeth.
- Lastly, have your teeth checked by your dentist.
See post below:
Meanwhile, according to Absolute Dental, tooth decay is also associated to other health issues such as dementia, respiratory infection, diabetes, pregnancy complications, infertility, erectile dysfunction, cancer, kidney disease, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Truly, preventing oral problems can go a long way and decreases risk of having more serious health problems.
- Maskne Breakout: How to Treat and Prevent Acne Caused By Wearing Mask
- Coronavirus Disease – Can Mosqitoes Carry and Transmit The Virus?
What can you say about this? Let us know!