CASTOR OIL BENEFITS – The thick and odorless castor oil has many uses and here are the benefits of using this oil.
The pale yellow liquid with a thick consistency called castor oil is said to have a lot of good benefits to hair growth and skin. It can accordingly treat certain skin conditions and here are the many other benefits of this,
Castor Oil – Benefits and Different Uses Of This
What are the benefits and uses of castor oil? Find them out below!
CASTOR OIL – These are the benefits of castor oil, a multi-purpose vegetable oil that people have been using in many ways.
Castor oil is a type of oil that has a thick consistency and doesn’t have an odor. It has come from the seeds of the castor plant which, in ancient times, was used as fuel for lamps. Later on, people tried to use it for medicinal and beauty purposes.
Nowadays, it has potential cosmetic and medicinal benefits.
The most popular use for this is for making the hair’s growth longer, fuller, and thicker. It is an affordable treatment to make the hair look shinier.
A tablespoon of this oil has:
- Calories: 120
- Protein: 0 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Sugar: 0 grams
It is rich in ricinoleic acid, a moisturizing and soothing anti-inflammatory fatty acid. It is also a good source of vitamin C, omega-9 fatty acids, and omega-6 fatty acids.
Apart from promoting hair and lash growth, it is also famous and found in many skin and beauty products. According to a post from Medical News Today, it can treat certain skin conditions like dermatosis, psoriasis, and acne.
Here are its benefits:
On the face:
- Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce acne.
- The fatty acids it contains can help improve skin texture and treat uneven skin tone.
- It has a low comedogenic score which means that those with sensitive skin can use this.
- This oil is budget-friendly.
On the skin:
- Its anti-inflammatory properties are useful to improve irritated skin.
- It helps protect the skin due to its anti-microbial property.
- The triglycerides can help the skin maintain its moisture and help remove dinner.
- It has humectant properties that can keep the skin hydrated.
What can you say about this? Let us know!