Here are some things women must know about yeast infection.
YEAST INFECTION – Here are some of the most important things and details women must know about the condition called yeast infection.
Yeast infection of women is a fungal infection which causes irritation, discharge and intense itchiness “down” there and the vulva (the tissues found at the opening). This infection is not considered to be transmitted sexually but their are some evidence of this being linked to mouth to genital contact.
Here are some its symptoms:
- Itching and irritation
- A feeling of burning sensation while doing “it” or while peeing
- The vulva turns red and swells
- Pain and soreness
- A cottage cheese-like appearance of thick, white, and odor-free discharge
- Watery discharge
If the infection is complicated, the warning signs include extensive redness, swelling and itching that leads to tears, cracks or sores, you suffer it in four or more times a year, if you are pregnant, uncontrolled diabetes, and weak immune system.
The fungus responsible for this is called fungus candida albicans. Factor that increase risk of developing this kind of infection are unnecessary antibiotic use, increased estrogen levels, uncontrolled diabetes, and impaired immune system.
Now, in order to prevent suffering this condition, here some things you must do:
- Wear underwear with a cotton crotch and not too tight
- Avoid tight-fitting pantyhose
- Stop using scented feminine products
- Refrain doing hot tubs and hot baths
- Avoid staying and wearing wet clothes for long period of time
To treat yeast infection, it is better to ask your physician first to give you the right medication and for you to be informed on what you should do. You may try home remedies but it is always best if you consult your doctor first before doing it as per Health Line.
Watch the video below:
- Painful Urination – Possible Reasons Behind This Condition
- DRY COUGH – Here Are The Causes & Treatment For Dry Cough
What can you say about this? Let us know!