Guide on What To Do If You Can’t Sleep at Night
WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN’T SLEEP – Here are some tips on what you can do in case you are struggling to lull yourself to sleep at night.
One of the best rewards that you can give to yourself at the end of the day is quality and restful sleep. It is giving the body the time to pause, recharge, recover, and be ready for another day.
Some people are really into sleeping that they can do it for several hours while others got the kind of sleep that can easily be disturbed. Some individuals can also sleep fast upon hitting the bed while others have to struggle first.
If you are one of those people who find it hard to easily fall asleep at night, there are reminders and tips that you must keep in mind. Here is a list from Mana:
What to do if you can’t sleep?
- Not being able to sleep right away is normal. Give yourself 15 to 20 minutes of just lying in bed.
- If you wake up in the middle of the night, try to go back to sleeping and don’t easily give up.
- If you’ve been lying in bed for 30 minutes already and you don’t get the ticket to the dreamland, get up, do a little work but avoid screens and electronic devices.
- Focus on your breathing and remind yourself of the rest that you need.
- Turn off all the sounds and the lights.
- Adjust the temperature. According to National Sleep Foundation, between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal sleep temperature range.
- Drop your stress and worries and change them with positive thoughts.
- Do not stress on the fact that you can’t sleep but, instead, think about something else to take your mind off it.