These are the possible vomiting causes and what the color of the vomit signifies.
VOMITING CAUSES – Here are some details about vomiting including the possible causes of it and what the color says about your health.
What is the difference between nausea and vomiting?
Nausea is “being sick to your stomach” while vomiting is throwing-up. To vomit is to force out the contents of your stomach out of your mouth.
Now, what are the causes of vomiting?
Here are the possible causes:
- Motion sickness
- certain medicines
- drinking too much alcohol
- kidney infections and kidney stones
- inflammation of the gallbladder
Meanwhile, if you have been vomiting for longer than 24 hours, are unable to keep any fluids down for 12 hours or more, suffer from a headache, have severe stomach pain, and have been vomiting 3 or more times in 1 day, seek medical care right away.
What does the color of your vomit indicate?
- Green or Yellow is from the bile in your stomach. Bile is used to break down food and this becomes the color of your ejecta because your stomach is empty. There’s nothing to be forced out except the bile sitting in your stomach waiting for some food to be broken down.
- Brown ejecta could be blood and it’s worrisome if it looks like dark coffee grounds. Causes could be peptic ulcers, amyloidosis, or other severe underlying conditions.
- Black vomit. This color is not normal. Get checked immediately.
- Orange ejecta is because of food poisoning, gastroenteritis, stomach flu, influenza, migraine, and morning sickness.
- Clear vomit is a result of certain conditions like morning sickness, stomach flu, migraine, food poisoning, and cyclic vomiting disorder.
- White or foamy ejecta may be thrown out due to excess gas based on a post from Healthline.
- Back Exercises – How To Strengthen Back Muscles
- Acidic Foods – Knowing What To Limit and What To Avoid
What can you say about this? Let us know!