Guide on Stroke Warning Signs Prompting the Need for Urgent Medical Attention
STROKE WARNING SIGNS – Here is a list of the things that you must not ignore to be able to identify stroke right away.
Undeniably, stroke is one of the top causes of death in the Philippines. A lot of people are suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure which is a risk factor for stroke.
The lifestyle of a person really contributes to hypertension or high blood pressure. People who are into eating oily and fatty food usually have this health condition.
Aside from hypertension, other risk factors for stroke include high cholesterol level, diabetes, and vices. Old age is also a factor.
Based on an article on Right Home Remedies, there are two (2) kinds of stroke – the ischemic stroke and the hemorrhagic stroke. The former is the condition when a part of the brain loses blood flow while the latter happens when the bleeding starts within the brain.
There are stroke warning signs that prompt the need for urgent medical attention. It is important to know them to be able to distinguish stroke right away and get some help.
According to the article, here is a list of some of the stroke warning signs that indicate the need to see a doctor right away:
- Losing motor function. When a part of the brain loses blood flow, certain parts of the body like an arm or a leg may not function well.
- High blood pressure. This is the most common sign of stroke. A spike on your BP is a serious thing and frequent high BP may be prompting for maintenance medicine.
- Face drooping. Ask the person to smile. If his smile is uneven and one side of his face is numb, it may be a stroke.
- Speech problem. Based on the article, a person suffering from stroke may find it hard to speak clearly.
- Body weakness. A loss of body parts coordination with no reason at all may be signaling stroke as well. It is best to seek help right away.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope we have helped you with regards to this matter. You may keep coming back for more informative guides.