SNAKE PLANT BENEFITS – These are the various health benefits that a snake plant can bring to people.
Aesthetic purposes apart, the snake plant is one gem many people should put inside their homes. Not only that it is pleasing to the eyes but it is also pleasing to our health. Here are its various health benefits!
Snake Plant – Benefits Of This Plant To The Health Of People
This is how beneficial the snake plant is to our health.
SNAKE PLANT – These are some of the important and significant benefits of snake plants to the health of the people and some tips for keeping them.
Putting up greens in the corners of a house or an area makes the whole vibe of the place aesthetically refreshing. But apart from these plants making the place beautiful and for Feng Shui, some of them play even more vital roles just like the snake plant.
This plant look has distinct sword-like leaves and these leaves grow upright. Its botanical name is Sansevieria Trifasciata and is native to Asia and Africa. We usually see them inside closed spaces like homes and offices.
These plants are low maintenance and very easy to care for. They can survive in low-light conditions, and dry environments, and require fewer amounts of water compared to other plants.
Here are some types of this plant:
- Bird’s nest (snake) plant
- Cylindrical (snake) plant
- Laurentii (snake) plant
Here are some health benefits of this:
- An abstract of a study from Harvard University Extension stated that this plant is one of the most oxygen-producing houseplants.
- It is an air-purifying houseplant that looks unique because of its physical features. It filters the air even at night.
- This plant can absorb benzene, formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene – some of the things harmful and toxic to our health.
- It reduces the chances of having airborne allergies because it releases oxygen, decreases CO2, and absorbs other harmful organic compounds.
While the specific plant being good for mental health still requires further study, a 2018 research stated that plants in general play a positive role to help improve our mental health. Horticultural therapy has therapeutic effects.
- Hormonal Imbalance – What Are The Symptoms and Causes of This?
- Banana Calories – How Many Calories Does A Banana Contain?
What can you say about this? Let us know!