Guide on Red Rice Benefits for the Human Body
RED RICE BENEFITS – Are you wondering why a lot of people prefer to eat red rice over white rice? Here are some of the reasons why.
Rice is a staple food in the Philippines. In some countries, they prefer bread over rice meals but in PH, Filipinos would prefer a rice meal even for breakfast over bread alone. Some can’t perform well the entire day without rice.
Most Filipinos eat rice at least three (3) times a day. The viand can change from time to time but it is something that should not miss the dining table. Are you one of those who cannot perform well if you missed a rice meal?
Rice has a lot of benefits for the human body but it is also widely known that it is a powerhouse of carbohydrates and too much carbs is not healthy for the body. Many people who are health conscious prefer red rice over white rice – and this sparks questions about the red rice benefits?
There are several red rice benefits for the human body mainly because of anthocyanin, a healthy compound. Based on an article on Health Shots, it is the reason behind the rich red color of the rice and it can lower the blood pressure level, reduce the risk of diabetes, lower the risk of cancer, and improve vision.
Anthocyanin also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Based on the article, here are the other red rice benefits for the human body:
- Helps lower blood sugar level. It has a low glycemic index making it an excellent choice for people with diabetes. It reduces the risk of health conditions involving the eyes, kidney, and the heart.
- Helps fight asthma. Red rice is rich in magnesium which promotes breathing patterns. It can also boost oxygen consumption and circulation in the body.
- Good for the bones. Aside from magnesium which is also necessary for healthy bones, red rice is also a good source of calcium. It can help lower the risk of several bone conditions like osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Promotes healthy weight loss. Based on the article, red rice has zero fat content thus it is often used for weight management. It can help you feel full for long.
- Helps improve skin. Anthocyanin which is present in red rice can help delay the signs of premature aging and skin damage caused by the ultraviolet rays.
You may also visit – Malunggay Juice: Its Benefits & How To Prepare It