Here are some tips to prevent kidney failure that are healthy and effective.
PREVENT KIDNEY FAILURE – In preventing kidney failure and other kidney complications, here are some tips that you should know and must do.
The kidneys are the organs of the body that remove the excess waste products and fluid from it. This process is important so as to balance the body’s chemicals and regulate its salt, potassium, and acid contents.
However, if you get one or both of your kidneys that have lasting damage, this is called “chronic kidney disease” which can worsen over time. When the damage becomes really bad and it stopped working, this is where kidney failure happens which will need either dialysis or a kidney transplant in order for you to live.
Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and a family history of this condition can all contribute to CKD. And all of these underlying conditions that may likely lead to it can all be prevented by practicing healthy eating and an active lifestyle.
Now, in order to keep your kidneys healthy, prevent CKD, and avoid damages, here are some effective and healthy tips:
- avoid salt and use other healthy alternative spices
- top your pizza with vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and peppers
- broil or bake your food instead of frying it
- avoid gravy and others that has an added fat
- use skim milk or low-fat milk
- consume foods with whole grains and eat brown rice instead of white rice
- opt for foods low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugar
- be wise in choosing your snacks and always choose the healthy option
- be mindful of what you eat
- Engage to doing physical activities or exercise regularly by doing in in 30 minutes or more for most days in a week.
- Maintain a healthy weight and lose excess pounds in a healthy manner if you are overweight.
- Give yourself enough sleep. The recommended length of time to doze off and rest is between seven to eight hours.
- Stop smoking and avoid alcoholic drinks as much as possible.
- Manage stress.
- Manage the conditions that can cause this as per NIDDK’s post or National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- Foods For Blood Circulation – Good Foods For Good Circulation
- Signs of Menopause – Indications That Tell A Woman Is In Menopause
What can you say about this? Let us know!