Here are some details about a pomegranate including its health benefits.
POMEGRANATE – The fruit pomegranate has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances. Here are the other health benefits of this!
Refreshing, sweet, and healthy, at the same time are the fruits. The more colorful we consume the healthier our food choices are. And among the famous that we love that is both unique and attractive are pomegranates.
It may seem intimidating but after breaking through its thick skin is where you will find the juicy, ruby-red seeds. The seeds are called arils.
They are grown in Asia, the Mediterranean, and the tropical parts of Africa.
What makes this fruit a superfood?
After a wide research, it has been found that the arils are packed with nutrients and antioxidants. It actually has three times as many antioxidants as drinks known for being rich in antioxidants like green tea and red wine.
U.S. Department of Agriculture’s MyPlate guidelines said that a half-cup serving offers the following:
- 72 calories
- 27 grams (g) carbohydrates
- 89 g sugar
- 5 g fiber (about 18 percent daily value, or DV) (8)
- 205 milligrams (mg) potassium (about 4 percent DV) (8)
- 9 mg vitamin C (about 10 percent DV) (8)
- 3 micrograms (µg) vitamin K (about 3 percent DV) (8)
- 33 µg folate (about 8 percent DV) (8)
Accordingly, here are the health benefits:
- They are rich in polyphenols which are powerful antioxidants.
- It has vitamin E, vitamin K, and magnesium.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) listed this fruit as among the natural remedies to prevent prostate cancer-related cancer cells.
- A 2020 study stated that the extract is effective in reducing the markers of Alzheimer’s disease.
- A 2017 review noted that it may help people with IBD, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and metabolic and cardiovascular disorders.
- Its juice can lower the risk of forming cholesterol, accumulating unhealthy fats in the blood vessels, and developing atherosclerosis based on a research article from 2012.
- It may help manage blood pressure levels.
- Citric Acid Uses – These Are The Different Uses Of Citric Acid
- PCOS Cure – Can You Cure PCOS Permanently?
What can you say about this? Let us know!