What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?
PCOS – Doc Willie Ong explains condition and symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS which is a common disease to women.
The Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal condition that women might obtain during their childbearing years which can affect their ability to have a child. When are suffering this disease, your reproductive hormones are out of balance which can possibly lead to problems with your ovaries. In this case, they produce higher-than-normal amounts of male hormones. The word itself describes it where “polycystic” means “many cysts” where small and fluid-filled sacs grow inside the ovaries.
Here are the symptoms:
- Irregular period
- Difficulty in getting pregnant
- High androgen level which develops facial hair
- Pimples and Acne
- Receding hairline
- Pancreas are getting affected causing diabetes
The causes of PCOS were still unidentified and not clear yet but some experts that it is hereditary and common to those who are overweight. Other studies show that it runs in the family. Also, it contributes to other long-term health problems like diabetes and heart disease.
- Developments of cysts
- High blood sugar resulting to diabetes
- Depression which is caused by some factors which are the other complications such as the difficulty of getting pregnant
- Anxiety which can be caused by being overweight due to embarrassment
- Increases cholesterol level
- Losing weight to those who are overweight and a healthy diet
- Eat healthy:
- With low glycemic index such as vegetables, oatmeal, brown rice, wheat bread, and avoiding oils
- Try organics
- No to processed foods
- Toxic products
- Lessen rice intake
- Seek medical help and consult a doctor for other proper treatments
Watch the video below:
- WEIGHT LOSS TIPS – 12 Simple Ways To Lose Weight
- KIDNEY HEALTH – Warning Signs That Your Kidneys Are Damaged
hat can you say about this? Let us know!