Here are the pesticide poisoning symptoms and what to do about this.
PESTICIDE POISONING SYMPTOMS – Signs and symptoms in a person poisoned by a pesticide and the first aid to do in a situation like this.
Chemicals found in a pesticide is toxic to humans and being exposed to it in large quantities or in smaller quantities but continuously is dangerous. There are two kinds of poisoning – Acute and Chronic.
Acute is when poisoning is severe after a single dose and the symptoms might appear dramatically or delayed.
Chronic is caused by being exposed to poison over a period of time in small doses. Nervousness, slowed reflexes, irritability, or a general decline in health are some of the symptoms.
Now, here are the general symptoms of Mild Poisoning, Moderate Poisoning, and Severe or Acute Poisoning.
- loss of appetite
- loss of weight
- soreness in joints
- skin irritation
- eye irritation
- irritation of the nose and throat
- excessive saliva
- stomach cramps
- excessive perspiration
- no muscle coordination
- muscle twitches
- extreme weakness
- mental confusion
- blurred vision
- difficulty in breathing
- rapid pulse
- flushed or yellow skin
SEVERE OR ACUTE POISONING
- intense thirst
- increased rate of breathing
- uncontrollable muscle twitches
- pinpoint pupils
- inability to breathe
If a person suffers poisoning, immediately do the following:
- Move the person to fresh air if the poison is inhaled.
- If through the eyes, gently wash with clean and running water for 15 minutes.
- If on the skin, remove the clothing and wash the affected area with soap and water thoroughly.
- Do artificial respiration to the person if he or she is not breathing.
- If swallowed, for a person who remains conscious, rinse the mouth with plenty of water and check out the label for further instruction.
- Take the person to a doctor and show the pesticide container. It is important for the doctor to see the label as per Health.gov article.
- HYDRATING FOODS: Here Are Some Water-Rich Foods
- Healthy Pregnancy Tips: How To Take Care Of Yourself If Pregnant
What can you say about this? Let us know!