Pesticide Poisoning Symptoms and First Aid

Here are the pesticide poisoning symptoms and what to do about this.

PESTICIDE POISONING SYMPTOMS – Signs and symptoms in a person poisoned by a pesticide and the first aid to do in a situation like this.

Chemicals found in a pesticide is toxic to humans and being exposed to it in large quantities or in smaller quantities but continuously is dangerous. There are two kinds of poisoning – Acute and Chronic.

Pesticide Poisoning Symptoms

Acute is when poisoning is severe after a single dose and the symptoms might appear dramatically or delayed.

Chronic is caused by being exposed to poison over a period of time in small doses. Nervousness, slowed reflexes, irritability, or a general decline in health are some of the symptoms.

Now, here are the general symptoms of Mild Poisoning, Moderate Poisoning, and Severe or Acute Poisoning.


  • headache
  • fatigue
  • weakness
  • dizziness
  • restlessness
  • nervousness
  • perspiration
  • nausea
  • diarrhea
  • loss of appetite
  • loss of weight
  • thirst
  • moodiness
  • soreness in joints
  • skin irritation
  • eye irritation
  • irritation of the nose and throat


  • nausea
  • diarrhea
  • excessive saliva
  • stomach cramps
  • excessive perspiration
  • trembling
  • no muscle coordination
  • muscle twitches
  • extreme weakness
  • mental confusion
  • blurred vision
  • difficulty in breathing
  • cough
  • rapid pulse
  • flushed or yellow skin
  • weeping


  • fever
  • intense thirst
  • increased rate of breathing
  • vomiting
  • uncontrollable muscle twitches
  • pinpoint pupils
  • convulsions
  • inability to breathe
  • unconsciousness

If a person suffers poisoning, immediately do the following:

  • Move the person to fresh air if the poison is inhaled.
  • If through the eyes, gently wash with clean and running water for 15 minutes.
  • If on the skin, remove the clothing and wash the affected area with soap and water thoroughly.
  • Do artificial respiration to the person if he or she is not breathing.
  • If swallowed, for a person who remains conscious, rinse the mouth with plenty of water and check out the label for further instruction.
  • Take the person to a doctor and show the pesticide container. It is important for the doctor to see the label as per article.


What can you say about this? Let us know!

Leave a Comment